No. 14082018-1 – Tribunal Claims

Northamptonshire Police and Crime Commission
Freedom of Information Act
Request Response
No. 14082018-1
Please tell me how many employment tribunals claims have been made against the force
since August 2013, the nature of the complaint (ie harassment, bullying, inequality), the
outcome, and whether the claim is ongoing.
Please tell me how many of these claims involved/cited officers above inspector rank (I am
NOT asking for how many claimants were senior officers but rather how many claims
referred to the behaviour of an officer of greater rank than inspector).
Please break the information down year by year (taking the year in which a claim was
Please indicate where one claimant has made multiple claims.
I am writing to advise you that, following a search of our paper and electronic records, I have
established that the information you requested is not held by the Office of the
Northamptonshire Police and Crime Commissioner.
The Office of the Northamptonshire Police and Crime Commissioner (OPCC) and
Northamptonshire Police are two separate legal entities. Information regarding operational
policing matters is the responsibility of Northamptonshire Police, therefore the OPCC does
not hold any of the information you have requested. Northamptonshire Police’s Information
Unit may hold some of the information you are seeking. If you have not already done so,
then you may wish to write to Ian Kelly, Freedom of Information and Data Protection Team
Leader, Information Unit, Force Headquarters, Wootton Hall, Northampton, NN4 0JQ /
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your request, you have the right to ask for an
internal review. Internal review requests should be submitted within two months of the date
of receipt of the response to your original letter and should be addressed to: Martin Scoble,
Chief Executive, Office of the Northamptonshire Police and Crime Commissioner, West
Wing, Force Headquarters, Wootton Hall, Northampton, NN4 0JQ.
Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications. If
you are not content with the outcome of the internal review, you have the right to apply
directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. The Information Commissioner can
be contacted at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow,
Cheshire, SK9 5AF.