- Support the PFCC in exercising the statutory duties of holding the Chief Constable to account;
- Form part of a wider ranging programme of assurance across the breadth of policing activities;
Remit of the Board
The business of the Board will cover:
- A focus on areas of concern in performance and service delivery at a strategic level;
- Discussions between force and OPFCC in respect of strategic budget setting, medium term financial planning and other matters requiring ongoing levels of assurance;
- Strategic consideration of key identified corporate level risks (for force and OPFCC);
- Strategic consideration relating to PFCC scrutiny activity.
Members of the Accountability Board are as follows:
- Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner (Chair);
- Chief Constable;
- From the Office of the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner: Monitoring Officer, Director of Delivery with responsibility for assurance; Minute-taker;
- From Northamptonshire Police: Deputy Chief Constable, Assistant Chief Constable;
Additional attendees at either meeting can be by invite of the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner or Chief Constable, dependent of the matters under discussion
Meetings and minutes
Accountability Board meetings are held on a monthly basis. Meetings are administered by the Office of the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner. Records of these meetings and key decisions made are taken and published on this website.
The meeting is supported by a rolling schedule of assurance of items that require regular or ongoing assurance, such as progress of transformation projects.
Minutes of the Accountability Board can be found here
Historic minutes can be found here